Monday, May 27, 2019

Emotion or Instruction?


“He taught me also, and said unto me, Let thine heart retain my words: keep my commandments, and live.” Proverbs 4:4

What informed your decisions, emotion or instruction? Emotion is easy but success results are not predictable. Instructions are difficult but success results are predictable. Make decisions based on instructions. It is detrimental to be sentimental.

“I feel like” can be good if it is checked based on knowledge.  However, emotion is powerful. Anyone who gets your emotion has gotten you. Samson lost control when Delilah played on his emotion. He fell cheaply.
“And Delilah said unto Samson, Behold, thou hast mocked me, and told me lies: now tell me, I pray thee, wherewith thou mightest be bound.” Judges 16:1

Now you will be confronted with many decisions in life. Decisions that will not only affect you but also people that matter to you. You cannot run those based on emotion. You must acquire adequate knowledge and keep your emotion in control. Decisions about who you will be with for the rest of your life. Decisions on where you will live or what job you will do. Decisions to commit sin or not. Decisions to do wrong or to do good. Our text today says, “instructions will give you life.”

May you be protected from wrong decisions; may you be passionate for instruction in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: I put my emotion under control; I receive instructions for quality decisions in Jesus name.

No comments: