Sunday, June 9, 2024

Cast away fear.

 “And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?" Mark 4:40 (KJV).

In our text for today, Jesus questions His disciples, "Why are you so fearful? How is it that you have no faith?" This question underscores the need to replace fear with faith, a recurring theme throughout the Bible. Fear, whether it is the fear of lack, failure, sickness, or loss, is a powerful enemy that can paralyze and deter us from living a life of faith. The Bible repeatedly encourages believers to cast away such fears and trust in God's provision and protection. In Philippians 4:19, we are assured, "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus," reminding us that fear of lack is unfounded when we trust in God's abundant provision.

" What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee. In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me." Psalm 56:3-4.

“And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:7

To overcome fear, we must turn to scripture and embrace God's promises. In 2 Timothy 1:7, we read, "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." This verse affirms that fear does not come from God; instead, He has endowed us with power, love, and a sound mind to combat fear. Psalm 34:4 provides further encouragement: "I sought the Lord, and he heard me and delivered me from all my fears." By seeking God and placing our trust in Him, we can be delivered from every form of fear. Additionally, Isaiah 41:10 offers reassurance: "Fear thou not; for I am with thee; be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." Casting away fear involves a conscious effort to trust in God's promises, replacing anxiety with faith, and relying on His strength and support in every aspect of our lives.

Fear shall not have dominion over you, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: I cast every fear out of my life, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: