Sunday, August 4, 2024

Living the scripture

 “And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.” Luke 24:49KJV

As a Christian, you must live in the reality of the scriptures, allowing God's promises to manifest in your life. This entails enjoying God’s blessings and walking in triumph over any afflictions the enemy may try to bring upon you. Two essential keys to this experience are living a Spirit-empowered life and having revelational knowledge of the Word of God. Acts 1:8 states, "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth." Additionally, John 10:35 reminds us, "If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken."

Jesus emphasizes in John 6:63, "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." Walking in the reality of the written Word requires both revelation and power. The Word must become flesh in our lives. 2 Corinthians 3:6 clarifies, "Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." Therefore, by embracing the empowerment of the Holy Spirit and understanding and believing God's Word (Luke 24:45), we can live out the scripture fully, experiencing its transformative power and divine promises daily.

Prophetic word: The Lord is calling you into a deeper realm of His presence, where His promises will become a living reality in your life. He is pouring out His Spirit upon you, endowing you with power from above. As you yield to the Holy Spirit, you will walk in victory over every challenge and affliction that comes your way. The Word of God will come alive in you, bringing revelation and transformation. You are destined to be a witness to His glory, not only in your immediate surroundings, but to the ends of the earth. God’s word is unbreakable, and His promises are sure. Prepare your heart, for you will experience the quickening of the Spirit, and the words of Jesus will be life to you. You are called to be a minister of the new covenant, living by the Spirit, which gives life. The Lord says, “Arise and shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you” (Isaiah 60:1). Walk in this truth, and see His power manifest in every area of your life.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, I thank You for Your promises and the power of Your Word. I ask that You pour out Your Spirit upon me afresh, enduing me with power from on high. Let the Holy Spirit quicken me, bringing life and revelation to every word that You have spoken. Help me to walk in the reality of Your scriptures, experiencing Your promises in every aspect of my life. I declare victory over every affliction and challenge that the enemy may bring. Empower me to be a faithful witness of Your glory, from my immediate surroundings to the uttermost parts of the earth. Transform me by Your Spirit and make me an able minister of the new covenant, living not by the letter but by the Spirit that gives life. I thank You, Lord, for Your faithfulness and the fulfillment of Your promises in my life. In Jesus' mighty name, I pray. Amen.


No comments: