Friday, August 9, 2024

Let mercy finish it!

 “So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.” Romans 9:16 (KJV)

Beloved, the Scripture reminds us that while our will and efforts are essential, they alone cannot guarantee success. Despite being the youngest and least likely in his family, God chose King David to be king not due to his strength or stature, but due to God's mercy (1 Samuel 16:7–13). His victories, from slaying Goliath to reigning over Israel, were not won by might or power, but by the Spirit of God. Like David, our journey may involve battles and challenges, but it is God’s mercy that brings us to victory.

Furthermore, think of the Apostle Paul, who labored more abundantly than others, yet he acknowledged that it was not his labor but the grace and mercy of God that empowered him (1 Corinthians 15:10). Paul understood that human effort, though necessary, is incomplete without divine intervention. Therefore, as you strive towards your goals, remember to seek God's mercy as your ultimate finisher. Just as Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith (Hebrews 12:2), endured the cross through the joy set before Him, let us also trust that His mercy will carry us through to completion. Let mercy finish it, for it is not by might, nor by power, but by His Spirit and mercy that we prevail (Zechariah 4:6).

Prophetic word: The Spirit of the Lord is saying to you today, "My mercy is moving ahead of you, clearing paths that were once blocked, and making ways where there seemed to be no way. I am the God who finishes what I start, and I declare that the good work I have begun in you will be brought to completion by My hand. You have labored, you have toiled, and you have not been forgotten. Now, stand still and see the salvation of the Lord, for My mercy will crown your efforts with success. Where others have struggled and failed, you will prevail because My mercy goes before you. Expect breakthroughs, expect open doors, and expect My divine favor to rest upon you like never before. Your season of striving is turning into a season of flourishing, for it is not by your strength but by My mercy that you will finish strong."

Prayer: Heavenly Father, I thank You for Your abundant mercy that never fails. Lord, I bring before You every effort, every plan, and every desire of my heart. I ask that Your mercy would overshadow all my endeavors, bringing them to fruition in ways that I could never imagine. Father, where I have reached the end of my strength, let Your mercy take over and lead me to victory. I declare that Your mercy is opening doors, removing obstacles, and positioning me for divine success. I surrender my will and my ways to You, trusting that as I humble myself before You, You will lift me up and complete the work You have started in me. Thank You, Lord, for finishing what You began, and for making all things beautiful in Your time. In Jesus' mighty name, I pray. Amen.

No comments: