Monday, December 10, 2018

Uncommon results 2

“So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.” Romans 9:16 (KJV)

It is not wrong to run, or to will but if God’s mercy is lacking failure is inevitable. Learn to humble yourself before God so that He can lift you. Learn to leverage on God’s mercy and favour to obtain uncommon results. Work hard, be aggressive for information, do what you are supposed to do at the time you are supposed to do it but trust God to bless your efforts and give you success. The NIV version of our text says, “It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God's mercy.”

“What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith.” Philippians 3:8-9 (NIV)

Uncommon results are obtained here on earth by faith in God. Examine the lives of Abraham, Moses, Joseph, Daniel, Paul and even our Lord Jesus. Faith in God means listening to Him and doing what He tells you. It means apart from working hard and other physical efforts, you spend time with God to bless you. Paying tithe and getting involved in the work of God is not negotiable for those who know that it is God that is blessing them and not their efforts.

May God crown your effort with uncommon results in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: O God bless me indeed and enlarge my coast, give me uncommon results in Jesus name.

No comments: