Monday, September 9, 2024

Attempt great things for the Lord!

“Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.” 1 Samuel 17:45 KJV

In the Bible, we see countless examples of individuals who attempted amazing things for the Lord, empowered by their unwavering faith and knowledge of God’s presence. David’s victory over Goliath (1 Samuel 17:45) is a profound example of what happens when we recognize the power of God working through us. David didn’t rely on physical weapons or his own strength; he relied solely on the name of the Lord, the God of Israel. His boldness came from his trust in God, who had delivered him from the lion and the bear (1 Samuel 17:37). Similarly, Peter dared to walk on water at the command of Jesus, knowing that the Lord’s presence would sustain him (Matthew 14:28–29).

Throughout Scripture, God invites His people to step out in faith, trusting that He will do great things through them. As Joshua led the Israelites into the Promised Land, confronting fortified cities and formidable enemies, God assured them, "I will be with you; I will not leave you or forsake you" (Joshua 1:5). Similarly, when Moses faced the impossible task of leading Israel out of Egypt, it was not his eloquence or leadership skill but God's presence and power that performed the miracles (Exodus 3:12, 14:21). When we attempt great things for God, like David, Peter, Joshua, and Moses, we must first recognize who God is and trust in His promise to be with us every step of the way. With His power, even the impossible becomes possible.

Prophetic word: The Lord says, "I am calling you to step out in boldness, for I have already gone before you. Like David facing Goliath, you will not fight your battles in your own strength, but in My name, and the victory is assured. I am the God who calls you to walk upon the waters like Peter, to do what seems impossible, because I am with you. I am the same yesterday, today, and forever. As I was with Joshua in the conquest of the Promised Land, and as I delivered Israel through Moses, so I will deliver you. Fear not, for I am with you. As you trust in Me and move forward, you will see My hand at work, and My power will be made perfect in your weakness. Do not limit what I can do through you, for I am the God of the impossible."

Prayer: Heavenly Father, I thank You for Your word and Your faithfulness. Just as You empowered David to defeat Goliath, Peter to walk on water, and Joshua to conquer the Promised Land, I pray that You would fill me with the same boldness and faith to attempt great things for Your glory. Lord, let Your presence go with me in every challenge, reminding me that it is not by my might or power, but by Your Spirit. Help me to trust in You completely, knowing that You make the impossible possible. Strengthen my heart to step out in faith, knowing that You are faithful to complete what You have started in me. In Jesus' mighty name, I pray. Amen.

No comments: