Thursday, September 12, 2024

Divine security

“As they set out, a terror from God spread over the people in all the towns of that area, so no one attacked Jacob’s family.” Genesis 35:5 NLT

Divine security is a powerful promise for those who walk with God. You cannot be kidnapped. You cannot be wasted. You will not die before time. In Genesis 35:5, the terror of God spread over the towns surrounding Jacob, ensuring no one dared to attack his family. Just as Jacob's family was protected by God's terror falling upon the people around them, so we are safeguarded under His covenant. This divine shield of protection is not limited to the past; it applies to us today. As Psalm 23:5 declares, “You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies,” showing that even when surrounded by adversaries, we can dwell securely because God Himself is our defense.

In Psalm 105:14–15, God explicitly commands, "Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm." We are covered by His anointing, and no enemy can harm us. The decree in this Psalm extends God's protection over those who serve Him, ensuring that no harm can come to them without His permission. When Simon and Levi retaliated against the people of Shechem for what happened to Dinah, Jacob feared reprisal. Yet God intervened, ensuring that no one dared to touch him or his household. Similarly, when men sought to throw Jesus off a cliff in Luke 4:28–30, He simply walked through the crowd unharmed. These examples remind us that we are under divine security, guarded by God's sovereign hand, and nothing can happen to us outside of His divine plan.

Prophetic word: The Lord says to you today: “Fear not, for I am your shield and your strong defense. Just as I surrounded Jacob and his family with My terror, so shall My presence go before you, making your enemies powerless. No weapon formed against you shall prosper (Isaiah 54:17), and no harm shall come near your dwelling. I have set My angels to guard you in all your ways (Psalm 91:11), and My covenant of protection stands over you. You will not be wasted, nor will your destiny be cut short. Even in the midst of chaos and danger, I will lift you up and keep you safe. Walk in confidence, for My hand is upon you, and I have placed a hedge of divine security around your life. I am your refuge and fortress, your God in whom you trust.”

Prayer: Father, I thank You for Your divine security that surrounds me like a shield. I declare that no weapon formed against me shall prosper, and every tongue that rises against me in judgment, I condemn. Lord, just as You spread Your terror over those who sought to harm Jacob, let Your divine protection cover every area of my life. Place Your angels around me to guard me in all my ways, and let Your presence go before me, making every crooked path straight. I trust in You as my refuge and fortress, and I stand on Your promises that I am safe in Your hands. In Jesus’ mighty name, Amen!

No comments: