Tuesday, March 1, 2022

The power of repeating actions!

 “And Elisha sent a messenger unto him, saying, Go and wash in Jordan seven times, and thy flesh shall come again to thee, and thou shalt be clean.” 2 Corinthians 4:18

Repeating action is an indication of trust. It produces results. Be prepared to declare over and over again the word of God over your situation. Be prepared to pray and not faint if you desire supernatural results. You can see many examples of repeating actions in the Bible. In our text, Naaman was told to wash in Jordan seven times. Why did he have to do it seven times? Because repetition indicates both conviction and obedience. This is key to results in any area, be physical or spiritual.

“And said to his servant, Go up now, look toward the sea. And he went up, and looked, and said, There is nothing. And he said, Go again seven times. And it came to pass at the seventh time, that he said, Behold, there ariseth a little cloud out of the sea, like a man's hand. And he said, Go up, say unto Ahab, Prepare thy chariot, and get thee down that the rain stop thee not.” 1 kings 18:43-44

“And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought. And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking. After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly.” Mark 8:23-25

Jesus had to touch the blind man in Mark 8 two times before the man could see clearly. Jesus also in Luke 18 praised the fact that the woman kept coming and encouraged believers to act like that in prayer. I guess something must be important with repeating an action seven times. There are so many scriptural references where an action had to be repeated seven times before a supernatural result was obtained. Don’t be discouraged to repeat an action if you are determined to get results. It is called persistence.

May you get results quickly in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, make my efforts fruitful in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: