Sunday, January 27, 2019

So you need a breakthrough?1

“And so it was, when they had crossed over, that Elijah said to Elisha, “Ask! What may I do for you, before I am taken away from you?” Elisha said, “Please let a double portion of your spirit be upon me.” So he said, “You have asked a hard thing. Nevertheless, if you see me when I am taken from you, it shall be so for you; but if not, it shall not be so.”’” 2 Kings 2:9-10

This is an information-driven world. You have a piece of information you prosper with it. You are ignorant, you suffer for it. Any time anything looks hard or difficult, it means more information is needed. If you are really in need of a breakthrough, three things are important:

 1.       Be specific. If you really need a breakthrough you must be specific, you must know exactly what you want. Elijah asked Elisha,” what do you want?” If Elisha was uncertain and just talking incoherently, he would have lost the opportunity. He knew exactly what he wanted and he expressed it clearly.
2.       Know what it takes. If there is a destination, there is a path to get there, find it. Some breakthroughs are easy while some are hard. What Elisha asked was hard, according to Elijah. But he gave him what he must do to make the hard thing possible, he must see Elijah when he is being taken. You must find out the requirement to achieve your breakthrough. If you don’t know, you are grounded.
3.       Do it. Don’t tell me the information you have, but tell me what you are doing with it. In this world, things are made to happen. Elisha saw Elijah when he was being taken and he got the double portion he desired. Do something with the information you have acquired and your breakthrough will come.

May God grant you your heart desire in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh Lord, this is my request, show me what to do and give me success in Jesus name.

No comments: