Friday, January 18, 2019

Seeking God

“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.” Jeremiah 29:10-13

Seeking precedes finding. Jeremiah revealed to us the mystery behind seeking and finding God. This I will simply explore this morning. How desperate are you to find God? You cannot find God and remain the same. It does not matter the history or the present situation, there is always a radical transformation in the life of a person who finds God, both physically and spiritually. May you seek and find God early in Jesus name. Three actions are important in seeking God. The first is trust, the second is pray, the third is wholeheartedly.

Trust: God wants to give you an expected end. You can trust God with your life. You can be confident that He can take good care of you. If you don’t trust God, you cannot seek Him successfully. God has a good plan for you. His plan may be different from yours but I can assure you that His plan is the best for you. God can be trusted more than your mother that gave birth to you (Isaiah 49:15-16)

Pray: If you trust God, you will turn to Him in prayer. Jeremiah said if you trust Him and pray, He will answer you. We have many promises from Him that He will hear us: Jeremiah 33:3, Mathew 7:7, Luke 18:7. When seeking God in prayer, never stop until you have been visited by Him. If you trust Him, you will stay long enough in prayer for Him to visit you.

Wholeheartedly: You must seek him with an undivided heart (mind). The enemy of wholeheartedness is alternative. If you have an alternative you cannot seek God with your whole heart. When you seek Him in prayer don’t let your mind waver. James 1:6-8. You want to get to the land where you will find God, you must seek Him with your whole heart and not a divided heart. Don’t put a leg in the water and another on the land. You must put both leg in the water if you want the water to divide.

May God visit you today in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God give me a personal encounter that will change my life in Jesus name.

No comments: