Thursday, October 18, 2018

Power of determination

“And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God:  Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the Lord do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me. When she saw that she was stedfastly minded to go with her, then she left speaking unto her.” Ruth 1:16-18

Determination is a key factor to follow through on any dream or vision. If your determination is shaky you may not have enough strength to go all the way. If you are not determined, you can be easily convinced to give up on your pursuit. Some people will want to convince you that it will not work. Your situation may want to tell you that it will not work. Even the challenges on the way may want to tell you that you have chosen a wrong path. But if you are determined, you will follow through.

Ruth was determined to follow Naomi despite the calamities that befell her. I would not know how she got convinced that she had a future with Naomi. But the moment she sensed that it was the direction to follow, she became steadfast in her mind to go with her. The rest is history; she became the great grand mother of Jesus Christ. Now listen, if you are looking for an escape route from your dream, you will find it. Alternatives are enemies of determination. If you keep dropping the ball whenever there is a challenge, you will waste years. When you have found something to do with your life, be determined to follow through.

May you be a success in your chosen endeavors in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: O God help me so that I may be determined to follow through on your vision for my life in Jesus name.

No comments: