Thursday, June 19, 2014

The fatherhood of God (1)- Breaking the bondage of fear



“For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.” Romans 8:15

Fear is a product of the spirit of bondage but the presence of a trusted father will break fear at all times.

When I was growing up, there was this spot in our area which was very dark in the night. Whenever I had to pass through this spot, I would run for fear of possible attack from something or somebody. But I remembered one day that I had to pass through the same spot at very late hour with my father by my side. I confidently walked not fearing anything because I believed that my father could handle whatever appeared against us in the dark spot.

Beloved, our heavenly father is a tested and proved father whom you can trust in all situations. Are you in the dark hour of your life? Cry unto him as a father. The presence of this trusted father can handle any challenge that the enemy may throw at you.

Have a great day.

No comments: