Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The place of rest

“Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief” Hebrews 4:11.

There is a place of rest in this challenging world and you can find it. It is a place where you locate the will and the promises of God and you stand by them by believing and acting on them. At this place, it does not matter what is going on around you, you are safe.

Let me illustrate this with the story of a woman in a city during world war 2. When the Germans were bombing their city everyone was running helter-skelter and could not sleep. No one saw this woman until four days later and someone asked her where she had been. She said she had always been in her house and slept at the right time because the Psalmist says, “He that keepeth me will not slumber,” “both God and I cannot remain awake. Since God is not sleeping because of me, then I can have my sleep”. The woman found the promise of God for her and stood by it, as a result she enjoyed rest even in time of war.

Beloved, find the promise of God for you in that situation and stand by it, then you can have rest even in turbulence time.

No comments: