Thursday, October 17, 2024

Overriding doubt

“And the angel answering said unto him, I am Gabriel, that stand in the presence of God; and am sent to speak unto thee, and to shew thee these glad tidings. And, behold, thou shalt be dumb, and not able to speak, until the day that these things shall be performed, because thou believest not my words, which shall be fulfilled in their season.” Luke 1:19-20 KJV

When faced with situations where doubt seems easier than faith, remember the examples from Scripture that show how God sees faith even in our doubt. Zechariah, though he continued to pray for a child, doubted the angel Gabriel's message that his prayers were answered. Consequently, the angel Gabriel rendered him mute until the fulfillment of the promise (Luke 1:19-20). His silence became a reminder of how powerful God's word is, whether we fully believe it at the moment or not. Similarly, when Peter was imprisoned, the church earnestly prayed for his release, but when God answered by miraculously freeing him, they initially couldn't believe it (Acts 12:5–15). In both cases, though there was doubt, persistent prayer remained, and God responded.

The key is to never let doubt silence your prayers or confessions of faith. The children of Israel lost out on entering the Promised Land when they openly voiced their fears and doubts about God's ability to bring them through (Numbers 14:28). God listens to the words we speak, so even when doubt rises in your heart, refrain from voicing it. Instead, declare God's promises and your expectations in faith, trusting that His word will come to pass in its season. Keep praying, keep trusting, and allow God to override your doubts with His faithfulness.

Prophetic word: Do not let doubt be the voice that shapes your destiny. Even when your heart trembles, My Word remains steadfast and true. Like Zechariah, you may have prayed and waited for what seems too long, but I am a God of perfect timing. I have heard your prayers, and I am sending the answer in My appointed season. Though you may have moments of doubt, do not let your mouth speak what contradicts My promise. I am calling you to stand in faith, to declare what you know I have spoken, for the manifestation of My Word will come, and it will not delay. As the church prayed for Peter and saw My deliverance, so too will you see My hand move on your behalf. Hold on, for I am the God who performs what seems impossible, and My Word shall be fulfilled in your life. SAYS THE LORD.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, I thank You for Your unwavering faithfulness and the assurance that Your Word will never return void. Forgive me for moments of doubt and fear, and help me to continually speak in faith, even when my heart is uncertain. Strengthen me to declare Your promises and not my fears. I pray, Lord, that You would silence every voice of doubt that seeks to undermine my faith and fill my heart with Your peace. Just as You brought fulfillment to Zechariah, and delivered Peter from prison, I trust that You will answer my prayers. Let me stand firm on Your promises, and may Your will be done in my life, as it is in heaven. In Jesus' mighty name, Amen.

No comments: