Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Avoid spiritual slumber!

“And this woman's child died in the night; because she overlaid it. And she arose at midnight, and took my son from beside me, while thine handmaid slept, and laid it in her bosom, and laid her dead child in my bosom.” 1 kings 3:19-20 KJV

Sleep or sleeping is refreshing and is needed for sound health, but spiritual sleep is not. Spiritual sleep causes bad spiritual health. Men are exposed to the enemy when they sleep (Matthew 13:25). Good things are killed or exchanged when a man sleeps. Spiritual slumber, or "sleeping,” is an indication of “powerlessness” and “inactiveness.” Could you imagine a scenario where a woman killed her own son while she was sleeping, and another scenario where the woman was so engrossed in her sleep that she exchanged her living child for a dead one? (1 kings 3:19-20). Most strange battles that men go through in life come when they are sleeping. Strange sicknesses, loss of fortune, and untimely death are results of spiritual slumber. Even when you are sleeping physically, your fire must be burning.

To avoid spiritual slumber, we must remain alert and vigilant, keeping the fire of the Holy Spirit burning within us at all times. Jesus often emphasized the importance of watching and praying (Mark 14:38), encouraging believers to stay awake spiritually so that we do not fall into temptation or the enemy's trap. I decree that every spiritual slumber is broken in your life, and what the enemy has stolen shall be returned to you sevenfold in Jesus' name. I decree that every arrow of the enemy in your body should be roasted by fire in Jesus’ name. May the fire of the Holy Spirit keep you alert, strengthened, and victorious!

Prophetic word: The Lord says, "I am awakening you in this season. No longer will you be vulnerable to the schemes of the enemy, for I am setting you ablaze with a renewed fire. The things that have been stolen, hidden, or exchanged in the night will be exposed, and I will restore to you all that has been lost. You will rise with strength, with a keen spiritual awareness, and the enemy will no longer have a foothold in your life. Just as I awakened Samuel in the night to hear My voice (1 Samuel 3:10), I am calling you to be attentive, to discern My movements and the schemes of darkness. Fear not, for I have equipped you with power, and every plot of the enemy is being dismantled.  Stay vigilant, for I am with you, and you will walk in victory."

Prayer: Heavenly Father, I thank You for the spiritual awakening You are bringing into my life. I declare that I will no longer be caught in spiritual slumber. Let the fire of the Holy Spirit ignite in me and keep me alert and strong in You. Lord, every plan of the enemy that was set in motion while I slept, I cancel it by the power of the blood of Jesus. I command everything that was stolen or exchanged to be restored in full. I pray for supernatural discernment and strength to be ever watchful, as You lead me into deeper revelation and victory. Let Your presence surrounds me day and night, and let the arrows of the enemy be consumed by Your fire. In Jesus' mighty name, I pray. Amen!

No comments: