Monday, July 20, 2026

You cannot be powerless!

 “God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power belongeth unto God.” Psalm 62:11 KJV

Power belongs absolutely to God, and He makes His power available to His children. Jesus declared, “Behold, I give unto you power… over all the power of the enemy” (Luke 10:19). Therefore, a believer is not designed to be powerless. Through the Holy Spirit, God empowers us to overcome opposition, resist the enemy, serve effectively and become witnesses of Christ (Acts 1:8; Ephesians 3:16). However, possessing spiritual power requires prayer and a deliberate relationship with God.

Before beginning their public ministry, Jesus instructed His disciples to remain in Jerusalem until they were “endued with power from on high” (Luke 24:49). Jesus Himself prayed before the heavens opened and the Holy Spirit descended upon Him (Luke 3:21–22). Jacob persevered in God’s presence until his identity and destiny were transformed (Genesis 32:24–28), while Jabez cried to God for enlargement, protection and divine intervention, and God granted his request (1 Chronicles 4:9–10). Therefore, set aside time daily to seek God. When you are dissatisfied with the fruit your life is producing, do not merely complain; seek the power of God that enables you to access His promises, overcome limitations and fulfil your divine assignment.

Prophetic Word: I declare that every yoke of powerlessness is broken in your life and destiny. The power of the Holy Spirit will come upon you afresh. You will receive strength to overcome every resistance. From today, your life will produce evidence of God’s presence, power and glory, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer: Father, I acknowledge that all power belongs to You. Please forgive me for every way I have neglected prayer, Your Word and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit. Fill me afresh with power from on high. Strengthen me in my inner being, break every limitation opposing my destiny and empower me to live victoriously. In Jesus’ name, amen.

No comments: