Sunday, September 22, 2024

What are you becoming?

 “And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.” Matthew 4:19 (KJV).

Who you follow, what you believe, and the choices you make intricately link to the journey of transformation. Jesus called His disciples, saying, “Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men” . They became more than they could have ever imagined, not because of who they were, but because of whom they followed. Similarly, when God gave Habakkuk a vision, He instructed him to write it down clearly so that it would guide him (Habakkuk 2:2). Your vision shapes your direction, and what you believe empowers you to become what God has destined for you. As John 1:12 says, “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God.” The power to become lies in the act of believing and receiving.

Furthermore, the company you keep is a reflection of the person you are becoming. Proverbs 13:20 reminds us, “He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.” Just as iron sharpens iron (Proverbs 27:17), your companions have a direct impact on your growth. You can choose to follow Christ and surround yourself with those who pursue righteousness, or you can drift towards paths that lead away from God’s purpose. The choices you make today are shaping who you will become in the next year, five years, and beyond. Choose wisely and intentionally, as you allow God to mold you into His divine purpose.

Prophetic word: The Lord is calling you into a season of intentional transformation. Just as Jesus called the disciples to follow Him and become fishers of men, so too is He calling you to step into a new identity and purpose. You are not defined by your past, but by what God is doing in you now and what He will make you become. As you seek Him, the vision He has placed in your heart will come true, and His power will enable you to walk in the fullness of His plans. In this season, there is an acceleration for growth—spiritual, emotional, and even in your relationships. The Lord says, "As you align with My will, I will make you into a vessel of honor, set apart for My purpose. You will be a beacon of light walking in dominion on earth and a fisher of souls, drawing many to the kingdom by your transformation."

Prayer: Heavenly Father, I thank You for the work You are doing in my life. As I choose to follow You, make me into the person You have designed me to be. According to Your will, shape my heart, mind, and spirit. Let the vision You have placed within me be clear and steadfast, and give me the strength and courage to pursue it. Lord, surround me with the right people who will sharpen me, encourage me, and walk with me on this journey. I receive Your power to become all that You have purposed for me. Let Your hand be upon me, guiding me into deeper realms of wisdom, love, and purpose. In Jesus’ mighty name, I pray. Amen.

No comments: