Sunday, September 6, 2026

Psalms 23 today! 1

“The Lord is my shepherd;…....” Psalms 23a KJV

I would like to take you through a journey with Psalms 23 as it is applicable today. Psalm 23 reveals God’s care for everyone who receives Jesus not only as Saviour, but also as Lord and Shepherd. Salvation begins the journey; surrender enables us to experience His guidance, provision, protection and peace throughout life and into eternity.

To enjoy this shepherd–sheep relationship, we must follow Christ, recognise His voice and obey His instructions, even when obedience is costly (Matthew 4:19; John 10:3–5; John 2:5). Like Saul, we must ask, “Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?” (Acts 9:5–6). Psalm 23 becomes our daily reality when Jesus truly leads our lives. My question to you, have you encountered Jesus as Lord and Shepherd? Marty Nystrom wrote, in 1988,"Shepherd of my soul, I give You full control, Wherever You may lead, I will follow. I have made the choice to listen for Your voice, Wherever You may lead, I will go."

Prophetic Word: As you hear and follow the Shepherd, you will not lack His direction, provision or protection. He will lead you through every valley and bring you into peace, restoration and divine purpose., in Jesus’ name!

Prayer: Lord Jesus, I receive You as my Saviour, Lord, and Shepherd. Take complete control of my life. Help me to recognise Your voice, obey Your instructions, and follow wherever You lead. Guide, provide for, protect, and restore me. May my life reveal Your goodness and mercy, now and forever. Amen.

No comments: